MA's Wachusett Mountain Making 2018 the Year to Learn to Ski or Snowboard
CONTACT: Tom Meyers, Director of Marketing | firstname.lastname@example.org
DATE: January 4, 2018
PRINCETON, Ma. -- If there was ever a year to make a New Year’s Resolution to Learn to Ski or Snowboard, then Wachusett Mountain Ski Area is making sure 2018 is the year.
The central Massachusetts mountain already offers economical learn to ski or snowboard packages and is making those packages even more accessible through a variety of special promotions set to launch in January. Wachusett’s legendary learn to ski/ride packages include:
· 1-day Learn to Ski/Ride -- beginner lesson, beginner lift ticket, rental equipment -- only $99.
· 3-day Learn to Ski/Ride -- 3 days of lessons, lift tickets and rental equipment (plus bonus offers after the 3rd lesson -- only $199.
· Bring a Friend for Fun – lift ticket for the skier or snowboarder and 1-day learn to ski/ride package for their non-skiing friend -- only $110.
Throughout January Wachusett is also joining ski areas across the country for National Learn to Ski or Snowboard Month – a national public awareness campaign to promote skiing and snowboarding. As part of that initiative, the mountain has also created new special programs and teamed up with several partners to provide to help get more people to learn to ski or snowboard this year than ever before with additionally discounted offers and promotions:
· Polar Beverages – Special offer on select Polar Beverage bottles distributed through retail outlets throughout Massachusetts offering a
Bring a Friend for Fun package for the added discount of only $99.
· Zipcar – Special online offer to Zipcar members to purchase a Bring a Friend For Fun Package for an additional $10 discount midweeks.
· Massachusetts Learn to Ski & Snowboard Day – To honor Governor Charlie Baker’s recent proclamation of Friday, January 5th as
Massachusetts Learn to Ski & Snowboard Day, Wachusett is offering a special 1 hour Learn to Ski or Snowboard package at 12 noon for
only $30 ($10 ticket, $10 rental, $10 beginner lesson).
· Wednesday College Nights – Wachusett is encouraging Massachusetts college students to learn to ski or snowboard with a special $50
Learn to Ski/Ride Package on 5 Wednesday nights (Jan. 17, 31; Feb. 14/28; Mar. 7).
· Scout Day - Wachusett is offering Boy Scouts a special Learn to Ski or Ride Beginner Package for only $50 on a newly designated “Scout
Day” on Sunday, January 7.
· Massachusetts Office of Travel & Tourism advertising campaign on TripAdvisor – beginning in January, Wachusett is joining 11 other
Massachusetts ski area for a major specially-targeted digital ad campaign in conjunction with the Massachusetts Office of Travel & Tourism
on TripAdvisor promoting learning to ski and snowboard in the state.
· Learn to Ski & Snowboard Promotional TV Spot on WHDH TV-7 in Boston – Wachusett is working with WHDH 7 News in Boston to launch a 30-second promotional spot featuring Mario Lopez, host of the Extra TV show promoting National Learn to Ski & Snowboard Month.
· Ski School Director Thom Norton on ‘Facebook Live’ – As part of the National Learn to Ski & Snowboard month, Wachusett Ski School Director Thom Norton will be featured in a 5-10 minute “Facebook Live” event airing on the Learn to Ski & Snowboard Month Facebook page. For details, visit http://www.skiandsnowboardmonth.org/.
· ’Headway’ Teaching Program – In conjunction with Head Skis, Wachusett is one of the first mountains in the nation to launch the Headway Teaching Program – a customized learning experience which guarantees results in just one day. This “total immersion” program combines specially-designed rental skis with all-day instruction to help skiers learn at a faster pace. The three lengths include a shorter ski which allows for new skiers to work on balance; they then progress to a medium-length ski to work on gliding and stopping; then they utilize a regular length ski to perfect their steering skills. In the Wachusett Ski & Snowboard School, students will paired into groups no larger than 5 with their instructor. The program guarantees students will be skiing blue square intermediate trails by the end of the day.
For details on all Wachusett Mountain’s learn to ski or ride programs, visit www.wachusett.com.